Psoriatic Arthritis Treatment: What You Can Do
Psoriatic arthritis treatment is available for any patient with psoriatic arthritis under the care of a physician for.
But what if you want to know what else you can do? Are there
additional, alternative psoriatic arthritis treatments available to you
that are safe and effective?
Because psoriatic arthritis is so painful – both physically
and sometimes emotionally – there are options that you can do for
yourself to feel better – inside and out.
Committing yourself to a healthy, active, peaceful life may seem
either unrealistic or hopelessly optimistic, but it is an important
element to any psoriatic arthritis treatment.
- Maintain a healthy weight – this will put less strain on your joints resulting in less pain and increased mobility
- Get proper, restful sleep – for psoriatic arthritis patients, extreme fatigue can be serious so sleep in critical
- Exercise – even light exercise can reduce your
stress, improve your muscle strength and flexibility – all of which
provides added support to your joints
- Diet & Nutrition – focus on natural,
non-processed foods – fruits, vegetables, whole grains, fish, and low
fat proteins (lean meat or soy)
- Hot & Cold Treatments – Both can reduce
swelling and provide pain relief. Cold will numb pain and decrease
swelling. Heat will relax muscles and joints and reduce stiffness.
- Be body conscious – Listen to your body and the
messages it sends in terms of whether or not you are overexerting
yourself or perhaps can do more.
- Consider massage therapy – this can aid with both conditions
There are a lot of herbal supplements that may help relieve your psoriatic arthritis symptoms.
This includes supplements that can reduce inflammation or act as
an analgesic or antispasmodic from arthritis, as well as herbal
psoriatic arthritis treatments that can provide relief for your
- Fish Oil – Omega 3 makes this a great choice for joint lubrication and anti-inflammation
- Ginger, tumeric, cinnamon, and many other herbs work as anti-inflammatories or pain relievers
- Plant seeds – alfalfa sprouts, celery seeds, flax seeds, black sesame seeds
- Various essential oils – lemon, lavender, rosemary, and peppermint
- Herbal massage oils – to moisturize skin and provide topical analgesic relief
Return to arthritis treatments Home
Return to What is psoriatic arthritis