There are so many terrific natural remedies for arthritis that it can be hard to separate out which are going to benefit you in the safest, most efficient manner.
If you suffer from arthritis, then you know how unbearable and incapacitating the pain is, so you are often eager to try the first “natural” remedy out there.
Be wary, though. Not all natural remedies are good for everyone, especially the ones that you ingest. You need to be careful of medication interactions, dosages, and additional ingredients in products.
Some of the really great natural remedies for arthritis available to you today are those that come in drink form or, at their smallest, seed form.
There are essentially three great drinks that can work wonders on your arthritis. They typically offer anti-inflammatory properties which go to the heart of arthritis pain.
If you can get your joint swelling under control, then much of your pain and stiffness can be removed as well.
1. Green Vegetable Juice – Vegetables are rich in anti-inflammatory properties as well as antioxidants that promote strong immune function and increased circulation as well. Good veggies to mix up are carrots, celery, beets, broccoli, or cabbage. Avoid the desire to pick up that V8. Tomatoes are highly acidic and that can worsen your symptoms.
2. Black Cherry Juice – Also high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, black cherry juice may also contain some analgesic and antispasmodic properties. These results are not confirmed by all patients, but a significant percentage has found this natural remedy for arthritis to help with overall symptoms.
3. Various Teas – There are many teas that can work wonders on all of your arthritis symptoms. How to know which ones? Instead of listing all of the good natural remedies for arthritis, here are the tea properties to avoid because they will certainly make your symptoms worse.a. Any with caffeine
b. Any offering other stimulant properties (like ginseng)
c. Any with processed sugars
Many herbal and plant seeds are now shown to work as effective treatments for arthritis patients.
Compared to other natural remedies for arthritis, seeds are easily accessed, inexpensive, and can be very effective in reducing your pain.
1. Black Sesame Seeds – When soaked and drank, they offer analgesic properties.
2. Dandelion Seeds (& Leaves) – This works as a muscle relaxant, but be watchful of its diuretic properties – dehydration can lead to increased stiffness and pain.
3. Alfalfa Seeds (aka Alfalfa Sprouts) – An enzyme in the sprouts has anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Chia Seeds – Rich in Omega 3 and anti-inflammatory properties, Chia seeds can reduce swelling as well as acting as a lubricant for joints. It also offers an energy increasing property that does not act as a stimulant (which can increase joint stiffness – a common side effect from stimulants – which is why muscle relaxants help more).
5. Pumpkin Seeds –These seeds possess anti-inflammatory properties similar to some drugs without the negative side effects.6. Celery Seeds
– Celery seeds can act as anti-inflammatory agents as well as antispasmodics and analgesics. Again, be wary of its diuretic properties and use in careful moderation.